Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, April 10, 2008

5 April - Cigarettes & alcohol

The things we do for friends: one night this week I sat in a friend’s living room when two other friends arrived and all three of them chain-smoked for 2 hours. I usually say it doesn't bother me and it doesn't ... not much, but this was a confined space, so I got up a couple of times to open an external door and after a few minutes it was closed again as it was cold outside. Clearly I could not ask them to move to the garden as it was 3 to 1 and it is his house. More than for my health I was worried about the smell on my clothes/hair. I hate to have to wash my hair just to get rid of stink.

But… I have now thought of a cunning plan. His beloved dog was also in the room inhaling all the smoke and well, he wouldn’t want to give his puppy cancer would he? I must point this out next time the situation arises. But how to break the following habit? My friend was mildly pissed that evening and got more so as another bottle was open. He says he smokes more when he drinks and viceversa. That old chestnut. Any advice? Quitting doesn't seem to enter the equation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home