Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

18 April - Hair & Glory

It was time to sort out the hair as highlights are needed in advance of three parties this week and a wedding next week. New random hairdresser, as you know, I have no loyalties… We chat about this and that ie. nothing. As she comes to blow dry it straight, I tell her I do actually need a trim, I know that, but have no time right now or cash for it today and she agrees that I do need one asap, because my layers are a bit untidy and my hair is ‘very fine’ ie. it drags down as it’s long.

Her words are true but I hadn’t really noticed, and am very upset. I still have a nice full head of hair but there was a time when you’d have never described my hair as fine. It wasn’t thick like hairdresser’s (she seems Turkish or Greek) but it was most definitely not fine. This is clearly a result of ageing. Yes, there are supplements and the lot but… there’s also all sorts of growth hormones (available in the USA but not here I don’t think) that one could take to slow the clock (see Cindy Crawford for proof) but damn, why? Why does hair have to go? I don’t mind disappearing neurons that make eyesight decline.. well, not that much, but hair? After all these years of lavishing care and money on it.. surely it should just last longer? I’m going to start wearing a wig when it will become thin as well as fine. I’ll be like Joan Collins. Clearly people can and will laugh at the pretence, but I hate seeing older women sat on the bus and I can see their scalp. It’s horrid.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home