Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

24 April - Gifts & Goddaughers

An early beneficiary of the decline in memory function is… the beloved daughter of a best friend who now lives in Rome. I sent 12 year old G. some crucially good b’day presents recently. Not on the actual b’day date you understand, I have already publicised in the past that now I cannot remember but a few dates, I remember ‘periods’ and yes, I know she was born in April. I get a sweet thank you note for the ipod speakers housed in a white patent leather handbag (perfect for showing off at a girlie party) the Clarice Bean book and a Girls Aloud CD. But she also thanks me for the Juicy Couture dress and the No.li.ta sweatshirt I’d previously sent…

Heh? Now I remember… back in Feb or was it March I had sent the clothes with a note saying ‘As you know I can never remember when your b’day falls so here’s some gifts in advance as I no doubt will forget to send later…’
So I sent two lots of gifts… Lucky girl and lucky me that I still have the touch for teens. Well… she loves them all. She’s going to wear the dress at her proms in fact (she goes to an American school). Ahhhh, am chuffed! But dotty too and that’s a novelty. I have a friend who’s always been known to our circle of friends as ‘ditzy A.’. Am sure my goddaughter now refers to me in a similar way.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home