Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

19 April - Photos & Angles

There’s relief in shared misery. I’m still thinking about younger guitarist in band I saw last week. Come to think of it… he can’t be that young but I’d say under 40, anyway, he looks young.

Coincidentally best friend sends photos of herself and her two sisters in law in NY recently when they were there to shoot new ad campaign for their fashion company. The three of them are the other side of 45 and older sis in law is 52. They are grinning inanely in these photos because they all have their arm round the most gorgeous man. He’s the photographer who shot the ads. I'd say he's 30. The first thing I think is that he must have been a former model himself. He’s eastern European and just too handsome for words in his rock ‘n’ roll black vest and silver pendant, and clearly knows how to work the camera. I wonder if in a rare form of 'I'll give a job to the one I fancy most', he owes this campaign to his portfolio or to himself.

The other thing I notice is that two of the women in the photos, due to the camera angle, are exposing the top of their cleavage and that makes it abundantly clear that their breasts below are just hanging there a bit shrunk and deflated in the for sure nice and expensive bras. I commend the fact that they’ve not had plastic surgery anywhere, but the camera angle is nasty. Their clothes are, as expected by fashion people, top of the trends and youthful, their make up and hairdos are also current. But young photographer would never in a million years go out with any of them… And they know it. Hanging on to him in these photos is the closest they’ll get.
I wish I was with them of course.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home