Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, May 16, 2008

2 May - Lipgloss & Glue

Do you know how much Vaseline, grease or whatever else of that yucky sticky nature there is in a tube of lipgloss? And how hard it is to shift?
My new Primark handbag, (yes, I had a moment of weakness and went in there) is awash with gluey lipgloss after a cap that wasn’t screwed on very well, led to said tube discharging the entire contents. The various sets of keys for my gypsy houses are covered. My wallet is covered. My make up bag is covered.
It’s only a £6 bag and I could get another one, but this brings out the resourceful housewife in me. I spend enough time soaking the lining in washing powder. Then I rinse and in the end, after it’s all dry again, I use my trusty old remedy, nail polish remover. The grease is gone and am just left with a pinkish extended stain on the lining, which I’ll try hard not to notice. The lesson has to be, to stick make up in make up bags and not leave it lose at the bottom of a bag.

Again and again as I scrub and clean, I think if this had happened to a £1,000 designer handbag I’d have not got out of bed for a week for the upset. And there you have the main reason why I never really purchase anything expensive. Because I pretty much damage a lot of what I own and it hurts less if it’s an item I haven’t gone hungry for (well I have never gone hungry for anything or anyone but you get my meaning).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home