Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, April 24, 2008

29 April - Various I just can't turn into funny stuff

Still posting this (on 16 May) as a peg to sort out later...

A pret a' manger lunch with Dr S. and his youngest child. The barrister, the couture designer and me! S’s women… Now all on the internet. Gosh, it makes fascinating reading. The barrister especially. What a story (will tell you as soon as I have five mins to detail this strange tale).

Spent time watching Youtube videos of portraits being photoshopped. My god. I wish. What’s the point in trying to look good when the standard in magazines/movies/ads is some fakes/altered images? No wonder we all love the awful shots of celebs in their real skin that the dowmarket rags use. I'm going to save some of these vids in a folder called 'Watch if you have a mood dip regarding aging'.

The lunch advice sessions for D. and J. re bad dates. They're men and they majorly fuck it up too. They need to know what they do wrong and Lisa is here to tell them.

The things the internet is good for: a friend sent a track of his to Carl Craig and He replied instantly to say he wants to hear the rest of the album! If he wants it for his label, that's going to be a very good summer for IB.

I haven't been to Primark in ages, but am passing by. I get two x £1 rings that look very yacht at St. Tropez. They're practically the use and throw away variety as any 'gold' will oxydise in a matter of hours, but I should go back and buy ten and use sparingly. I also buy a dove coloured shiny plastic handbag that will be a good match for a dress I plan to wear at a wedding. It's £6 and I kid you know, around ten women have admired it so far and two have asked me to go get them the very same. Whilst others comment 'But I never find anything decent in Primark!'. Darn, I missed my calling. I should have been a stylist.

J. and the button phobia. Could that explain the no further action with G.?

A night with Bjork.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home