Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, August 15, 2008

10 August - Wrap around

Have noticed subconscious shift in clothes which have changed since weight gain round midriff. Am now buying loose jersey cotton dresses, some are even that boring version of pinafores of yore…the wrap arounds. I’m going older lady, though the provenance is cute Paul Smith’s or plain stuff for 16 year olds at Petit Bateau. In a short space of time I’ve acquired 4 dresses in this shape. It’s fine, they’re sort of euro elegant, can’t go wrong etc, but I definitely see what they do well, ie, make the tummy less noticeable, plus they’re lose so you don’t feel tight on your problem thereby thinking about it more than you already do and, joy, they could serve you well for the next few years of incremental increases. Oh no!

This however seems like a better option (boring) than buying anything recommended in magazines. I have watched on internet the fashion picks for Autumn (or is it next Spring?) – what the buyers are buying from Paris fall shows and I don’t like any out of 34 looks they picked. I guess top fashion buyers get bored and have to pick stuff that appears to be novel, but frankly the stuff is horrendously put together, and even if you took a jacket here and a skirt there, it’s still nothing I like. No wonder I have style but I hate fashion.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home