Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, August 07, 2008

5 August - Snags & Cardies

The snagged cardie. So, am wearing the most perfect black cardie, 75 silk , 25% cotton. I ‘m loving it. Day 1 of its life in my hands. Last weekend I changed handbag to a lightweight one I use on holiday, it’s boring so I threaded a matching beaded velvet belt though the handle. Never had a problem with this as usually it’s worn in hot weather and there are no cardies involved.
I think you can already tell what happened.
I’m going to see some properties with an estate agent, so there’s a lot of getting in and out of the car requiring removal of handbag from shoulder in order to put on the seat belt. The first one is the worst. A huge snag on the shoulder. A long thread which will never be fixed, though I can catch the lose thread and bring it to the inside of the cardie, that I’m an expert at, I do it everytime is wear a silk knit and scream at the damage and thank the lord it’s not a missoni, in fact it’s worse because I tend to wear block colours and you notice it more in that case.
A little later it happens again. When I get home I notice a few more smaller snags on the shoulder and basically to me, the cardie is ruined, it is no longer favourite cardie, it’s shoddy now.
The next morning having threaded the threads back into the reverse, I put it on again because well, we always wear new things a lot in the early days and I shoulder the same bag. It is such a reflex action that by the time I move the bag, I’ve snagged it some more.

Only now, 6 snags later, do I take the cardie off. This defeats its protective function to walk out in the cold air with a sleevless top on and cardie in hand but I I have no time to revert to another, safer ie. smoothly coutoured handbag. I must be stupid. Like those people who know the monster is in the basement and forget and go down there to get a bottle of wine.

This also happens with light coloured bags who get soiled by the denim coming off your jeans onto them or denim streaking light coloured and absorbent shoes (Denim is the devil and as you know I hardly wear it but this happens when I do).

Don’t talk to me about famine and eco disasters etc. I care about my clothes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home