Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, August 08, 2008

8 August - Gyno Spas & Listening Booths

Love the internet, part # 387. Am cruising to find some info for a colleague re cupping treatments and I come across a spa that offers vaginal and gynaecological treatments. Like you know, you can sit on a chair with a hole in the middle and have herbs wafting up. Sure, it’s probably something tribal done here and there, after childbirth apparently in some cultures. Is there no marketing aspect left uncovered? There’s a treatment for everything. It's all gone service industry. I read of a woman who gives massages after attending only a 1 day course (it was one of those how I changed my life type articles – don’t ask, I occasionally still fall prey to reading mags, especially if given away free at my gym.

I have a better idea. I’m going to set up a booth or not even that, just me and a sign on the floor, saying I’m here to listen and for £5 for five minutes I’ll listen to people’s problems. No advice given, just listening. A pound a minute in my lunchtimes could be quite profitable over a month.
And you don’t need a licence, just a lot of front!

Am serious, there’s a recession, people are upset about stuff. Though maybe not in London yet. Tried to book tickets for Guys and Dolls at Sadlers Wells and it's totally sold out, so are other plays etc. I thought people were economising and ordering pizzas and dvds rather than going out but clearly not.

And I need to raise cash anyway. For example if everyone who reads this blog gave me a pound, that’s £20,000 there.. or make that 50p? are you up for it?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home