Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, August 07, 2008

6 August - Houses Schmouses

I never get a headache. Very lucky that way. Of course I lie, I have them, but ever so rarely that I couldn’t tell you when the last one was though I remember one when I was studying a few years ago for a course and then another one when I tried to give up coffee but not a recent one. So it’s fitting that the day I embark on my first property viewings in 21 years (er, yes, am one of those people who really hasn’t moved address despite quite happily gypsying about here and there), it takes only 4 flats in the same area and whilst being ferried about by nice estate agent, to saw the seeds of an almighty one. I made the mistake of taking some Anadins that were in my purse, instead of immediately purchasing some Nurofen so the bastard headache had about an hour to run before it subsided and by this time I had taken to my bed as they say and even had tears running down my face when the caring lover came to stroke my hair and ask what he could do. The answer was nothing about the headache but if he could kindly get me another 200k that I never will have to return and so I don’t have to borrow that much from a bank blah blah.

But making a choice would be just as impossible if you had a million instead of half that amount for example. Or 2m instead of 1m and so on. You’d still be walking into places that each have some aspect of what you want but not all together and so you have to forego them. Whilst worrying that you’ll never find a place you’re happy with or you’ll just pick one out of being tired to look and then you won’t be happy and so on. A bit like you do with boyfriends. The truth of course is that you get used to anything (how long would you spend harking back to what could have been if you picked the house with the north facing garden instead of being bloody minded and if it's not south facing you don't want a garden at all?) but still.

The headache was compounded by all that fretting over you should borrow money when the interest rates are such and such and so on. Oh and I still don’t know which area I really want to be with. Though that’s hardly ever bothered me before, have house, travel to other spots in town, where’s the problem.

Ok that was 4 places visited (and about a million internet details viewed) so for now I declare a moratorium on my search. How quickly I give up heh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home