Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, May 27, 2010

28 May - SATC2

I have a g/friend in town and suggest she takes a break from frantic shopping to meet me in Leicester Square watch the premiere action. She can't but I go along as have never got the lay of the land of these occasions.

And now I know that there's no point loitering at the north end of the square as all the action revolves around cars arriving at the south end and disgorging guests there briefly who then swiftly walk into fort knox ie the heavily fortified centre of the square and from then on, you no see nothing. In the time I'm there I hear some loudspeake announcer tell me that so and so has arrived but of course can't see a thing. Am surprised at seeing so many teenagers outside the cinema shouting for, of all people, Mr Big. who should not really appeal at all to that age group (and also he's not ageing particularly well). Wonder why? There's a theory that these are the children of mums who watched all the TV episodes but I still find it creepy that 16 year olds would dig him. Uh? Anyway, waste of time and the film sounds even longer than #1... so am not in a hurry to see it. Shame. Another phase of life gotten over with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home