Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, September 16, 2005

11 September - no sex we're in tents

Happy to report old age is far from setting in.
Sat afternoon and we set off for a party in a country home. My car contains me, Len 51, Camilla 29, Kate 25. other car has Hel 31, Damian something like that, Matt, 44. Other car has Steve 47 and Fred (no idea but I’d say same?)
We arrive at 8pm , to the hollering of ‘champagne’ as we each deposit the required entry bottle. We admire each other’s outfits (invite said to dress up flamboyantly, most people did) , then we sensibly go pitch our tents in the grounds (and this is age I think, 20 years ago we’d have thought we’d do it later when we finally need refuge), then back to the party and djs. At 4.30 yours truly called it a day but deliberately. I could have gone on longer but why? The only man I fancied there was married so best to quit before I found myself inexorably drawn to dance next to him one more time. The others walked back at 6ish. Nobody staggered, nobody was out of order despite copious amounts of ….
No sex, we are in tents, that would be soooo inconsiderate. Next morning car 2 left at 9.30, car 1 and 3 at 1pm, got back to London, deposited the youngsters at home they wanted to curl up on the sofa /tv, whilst myself and the uber 40’s went for a shower then to a gatropub for lunch and 2 bottles of wine and bloody marys. Still making perfect sense, reading the papers, talking property in france and Europe, no mention of Ahes thank god and. I got home at 7pm and watched tv. 2 of the uber 40’s, were on the phone making plans for the rest of the evening. I should also point out that both had a b’day on the Friday and so were out the night before as well.
Steve doubles up as a builder, so he’s fit. Len broke a shoulder snowboarding last year but swim and cycle and manipulation seems to have sorted it. I dabble in bikram yoga, riding, dancing, cycling and jogging. Apart from some legs muscle fatigue, I could have gone on…
When it comes, I shall wrestle that menopause and kill it stone dead before it changes any of this

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home