Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

7 October - cancer & adoption

Mother found clear of possible colon cancer cells. She was understandably worried as her own mother died of it. My sister’s GP wants to send her for some tests too, given the family history. I feel exempt as my DNA most closely resembles my father’s and as prostate cancer doesn’t apply to women, I could be scot free if I avoid too much cheese and red wine and cured meats which are his overindulged foods and likely to give him more than an increasing girth. As the only member of my family with no bad levels of cholesterol, I feel healthier than most and look forward to being run over perhaps as I smugly clutch some all negative results while exiting a clinic. I never said I write clear sentences and the above certainly is convoluted. Hey, one thing adopted kids who never find their birth parents don’t appreciate is that they don’t know what brings/brought down their parents to an early or not so early grave, so they can be unaware of whatever medical conditions they are likely to develop. See, I can find optimism everywhere I look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home