Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

3 February - Lie to Love & Love to Lie

'Did you fuck him?'
Trust your girlfriends to get you every time! I’m describing the Indian holiday and talking about Reid a tad more than I spend on Jovi so, the question is an obvious one.
No I didn’t, but could have done. Thought about it, dreamt about it. He did too. Maybe it would have gone something like this…
Small acts of love pt. 1
I wipe his shoes clean of mud and dust. Later on I pay a man 10R to polish them. He buys me a rose scented ice cream milkshake and wishes for a nearby flower seller so he could buy me jasmine for my hair. Later he kisses bravely through the insect repellent on my skin. I get it back on my own lips. It’s truly not pleasant, but he never complained. I listen to his profound snoring and don’t yet want to kill him. Would he abandon me in the banana swamp like he did yesterday? Before any of this? He said he got lost too, but today he’d have gone looking for me.
Small acts of love pt.2
I met a boy whose thick, long, black hair was beginning to matte. He didn’t want to wash it because it had the Arabian sea in it and he wanted to take it back to the Pacific. But he washed it for me. I washed it for him. Standing naked in the big shower room, jumping about on the slippery tiles, surprised by the cold jets of water. He drew the line at using conditioners or products. He hadn’t had time to fall in love yet and obey his new princess. He smelled of sunshine and mango.

Confessions? You’ll never get a real one out of me despite the pseudo diarising herein.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home