Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

4 February - Saints & Carats

Shit, next time remind me to book winter holiday to cover the first two weeks of Feb. thus completely bypassing that stupid man made occasion called St Valentine’s. Came back to be faced with all these shops full of cards and reminders. It’s just stupid. Makes people feel bad or makes them run to buy something that’s not worth the money. Plus divides the world into have and have nots which of course is the way it is about absolutely everything and should not bug me: ‘have oxford degree/have not’, ‘have children/have not’ , 'have cancer/have not' and so on but, some categories could be avoidable. I shall of course book a manicure so I have perfect hands in case I should receive the only thing that I’d be prepared to not be sour about ie. the diamond ring. I’d say slim chance of that right now and being that under 2 carats is pointless, I certainly don’t deserve one on account of extreme ungraciousness vis a vis gifts. Or so my mother would say 'You're not humble enough'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home