Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

13 April - New Jobs & Pregnancy

Just had this... and it's a sad thought, but this started after all as a diary of what it feels like to be 'older' and in fact this blog has just had its first birthday. How does one celebrate? Think I will have to give it a design facelift or a new sexier name.
So, this reflection was triggered by eating in a short space of time at work both sweet dried fruit and a packet of crisps and generally having been hungry for no reason all day. Pregnant? Naaaah said my sensible head. And then there I was considering how in the previous decade I'd have thought twice about changing jobs frequently because, the rationale went, what if I got pregnant soon after stepping into a new company and not yet eligible for paid maternity leave and associated benefits? Now that is never a point that appears in the pros and cons little charts am likely to draw up. This not having mouths to feed also accounts probably for no impending need to build a business empire either. I'll eventually donate to charity but I see no compelling reason to donate millions as opposed to a few hundred grand. Not a bright day today obviously. Must be because I mistakenly picked up Steak flavoured crisps. Revolting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home