Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

15 August - Two wombs & two tales

I get a text from Millie to say she’s made contact with a friend of mine (an ex) who I put forward as possible sperm donor as she’s going to have IVF and do it all on her own as she’s single, over 40, but strong, determined, surrounded by supporting family and has the financial means to achieve this. But it’s all in the hands of fate as she’s well aware. It will be fantastic if it all happens and am going to be proud if my role in facilitating this event. I don’t think it will be that strange to hold a baby born of my friend and an ex. After all, it’s in the past and I can’t do it. He’s fit, healthy, intelligent, full of s punk, not exactly caring but that’s good also as my friend welcomes his plans to have no role whatsoever after providing the raw material. And he’s adamant she has to stop smoking or else…. Which will be good for her.

About an hour later, after having replied to an email from a few days earlier inviting me to Gigi’s 35th b’day and housewarming in September, I get this reply from her “Baby-I'm pregnant! Call me when you can to discuss. Xxx”
Ok, I know there’s no other way of saying this, whether you say in an email or text or phone but WOW!! That’s totally unexpected. Not only has she split up from the boyfriend who was not a long fixture anyway, but she’s just posed for a newspaper in her g string. However when I call her, she tells me the ex boyfriend is back on and wants to stand by her (I love that expression) and is looking forward to the scan etc. She however is terrified as totally unprepared, didn’t think it could happen due to some medical history, and there is the small matter of having gone back to previous boyfriend for some TLC etc. I find am assuming old person’s advisory role (ok thanks for pointing it out, sometime 42 and a half really is old and not the new 25 as I'd like to believe the rest of the time) and urge her to go ahead/through with it because what you think you can safely put off at 35, will be almost impossible to attain five years later. Now, what was I doing at 35? Still on my way to world domination career wise, a kid was not in the planning. Don’t regret it, as right now would have to be readying him for school in September etc., but….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home