Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, September 14, 2006

10 September - Style & Savings

Colleague comments on ‘I never see you in the same clothes twice’. That’s not true of course… it’s just that I put them together in different combinations so as to create new outfits. But of course there are bulging wardrobes at home. I cannot say the same of my colleague. I’ve made the opposite mental note about her ie. ‘You always seem to be wearing the same trousers and shoes’ –the top changes, though I remember it is one of a variety of similar ones, mostly black, like the trousers. She also cuts and dyes her own hair. Considering we must be on the same salary, I’m now calculating how much more money she has than me - she also never mentions going to the theatre/opera/concerts etc…. Moi? I couldn’t get tickets for Pinter in Beckett’s at the RCT so in a fit of pique I booked Traviata and Jenufa at the ENO, then something else at the ROH, and on Sunday was taking notes on restaurants that I’ve not been to before and looked appealing. Coming out of Modigliani at the back of the RA, saw Cecconi and was instantly captivated by its twenties colour scheme and glass panes and a sampling of food is in order… and btw, I know it’s all marketing but why Modigliani and his Nudes? I counted 7 out of dozens he painted so Mr Curator, that was not a great haul you brought back to the UK, tut tut. I digress.
So uhh, yes, now I remember this colleague talking about buying a ruin in Puglia and doing it up and going to live there and also about co-owning a deli in Wimbledon… She must be just 30 something so yeah, maybe her priorities make for longer lasting assets than treasured handbags??? Now I’m depressed. She also probably takes five mins to get out of the house every morning whilst I’m always late looking for that bracelet that goes with today’s shirt, that goes with today’s scarf, oh and I must change the earrings to silver too if the bracelet is silver and so on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home