Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, September 07, 2006

3 September - La Winterson & Stars

Was looking for address of Jeanette Winterson's deli in Spitalfields, when I came across an old article she wrote for Vogue (boy where does she find the time???) on astrology. Brilliant! My hero Jeanette has an astrologer. And before you remember that elsewhere I cite Abi Titmuss as a hero, that's fine, see previous entry on multiple personality disorder. Jeanette writes very clearly about astrology though she reveals that she takes decisions based on A's advice about important stuf like buying a house - Id' never go as far as that, I just read the stuff for me and nearest and dearest so I can say a few more soothing words. Anyway, I thought this was brilliant as could silence some of my friends who dismiss Astrology as it's not a science blah blah, but unfortunately Jeanette is a woman and so it's par for the course according to them that she would be gullible. The only men known to pay attention to stars are either a few million Indian subcontinent geezers or mass murderers like Hitler so I can't win this one. And yes, I know the demotion of Pluto as a planet changes everything up there, especially for my scorpio friends and lovers. They can have my planet Venus if they want...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home