Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

18 September - Road & Rage

Bastards, I didn’t vote for this. Got out today and there’s bumps on my road, I clearly said ‘No’ to them in the stupid survey they posted through our letterboxes and they ignored me. I also said ‘No’ to parking permits so I guess those are on the way too, to keep outsiders from parking in my road ostensibly. I don't care, anyone can park in my road and would be nice if i could park in friends roads when I go visit them, instead of finding restrictions at 4pm on a Saturday or something.

But why do we need to go at 20mph? Is it to spare children? I know there’s more cars around these days and many more idiot parents (the same who feed them chips and turkey sizzlers or whatever it is Jamie Oliver rants about) but in my youth we were told to stick to pavements and look before crossing so what’s wrong with following that advice? And why drive at 20mph at night? Kids should be indoors by then, studying or playing the pre-requisite 4 hours of computer games and eating the turkey sizzlers and get so fat as to get slow in crossing the damn roads. If they’re out in the streets jumping in front of my car at midnight, then sorry, don’t care. Cyclists? Well, wear f kking reflective clothing you morons and buy/use your bike lights. If you don’t, you deserve to become an organ donor because you’re a jerk, and though your brain cannot be used for transplant because a) you're a jerk, let me re-iterate and b) it will be pulp by they, still your kidneys may be useful. And this is doubly pertinent if you’re black/asian. Brother? I do not see you in the night if you're wearing dark clothes. At least swing your bling chain backwards and I'll see the 'diamonds' or wear the spanking new white trainers. No, am not racist, don’t even try that one with me,am just against blatant stupidity. And I cycle lots as welll as being a driver and a pedestrian so I know what I'm talking about. Rant over.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:06 PM, Blogger eccentric recluse said…

    Well spoken, (well, typed). I live in an area where two families encourage kids to use the street as a playground, and they have developed the awful habit of ignoring oncoming traffic, no matter how s l o w it may be travelling. The kids occasionally continue to play when a car stops to wait for them to clear the street. Now the parents want the neighbors to pay for speedbumps, using the tired phrase, "it's good for the children".

    I am tolerating the kids for now, but one day I am afraid that they will become modern examples of natural selection.

    Good post.

     
  • At 2:33 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    v. funny! love it. hadn't thought of the natural selection thingy. and it's my friend the A&E surgeon who calls cyclists 'organ donors' as he says he sees so many arriving with no chance to patch them up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home