Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

7 November - It pays to be Zen - ask Leonard Cohen

Off to Soho House to see a preview of this brilliant documentary on Leonard Cohen. I kind of avoided him when growing up as was appropriated by sad hippies I thought. So it’s a joy to find that his lyrics do make sense now that am older. It’s also a joy to realise what a top sense of humour he has. Totally recommended and hope Bono’s endorsements make you laugh as much as we did in the viewing theatre. Something to do with a not so good metaphor he chose to use whilst being filmed in front of a wooden door. Makes sense when you see it. Thank god he wasn’t there to hear us. The only popstars in attendance were a gorgeous pregnant Beth Orton who’s in the tribute gig filmed for the documentary and Andy Bell who isn’t. Sadly no gorgeous Rufus Wainwright. Anyway, Leonard is now 72 or so, ie closer to my father’s age than I’d have pegged him at. Why can’t Leonard be my father? They both still have a full head of hair. ......

After I go meet some friends in town for a travel fair in Docklands. We meet in Soho, not Docklands god forbit I set foot in that place full of robots again. I thereby miss a much funnier evening with Toph kidnapped at Blakes by some fat and ugly but loaded Russian client of a friend of his who turns up with a Russian girl/friend and a Swedish girlfriend. Both stunning apparently. Wonder if it makes any poor guy hop mad that money doesn't buy love but plenty of armcandy. Toph turns up the worse for wear but am impressed he left the clutches of potential sodom for me and my low key friends.
tbc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home