Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

15 December - Lazy or Crazy

Just in case you chance upon this blog or are a semi-regular reader... I'm not dead, or in prison (mind you there they most surely have latest wi-fi facilities and all mod cons) and the reason I've not kept up the blog is that... it's party time season and surely am out there living it rather than writing about it. It all got too much, too many notes on scraps of paper and not enough time to edit - wouldn't want you to read simple stream of consciousness stuff, there is a modicum of skill I'd like to dress my musings in/with. But I will do it.
Here's what I have notes to cover:

  • canapes are evil
  • give up going to people's xmas parties if you only meet them at said ones once a year. Why do they invite you anyway? Is it a panic as in 'my god maybe no one will turn up but so and so always does, stick him/her on the list?'
  • all staff everywhere you go is now romanian, czech, polish, slovakian and so on. Even in the remotest part of the Lake District.
  • movies
  • xmas travels (everyone is off, so am I, India again, couldn't resist it, boy was it only a year ago or so I was about to meet the crazy incendiary west coast small time crims?)
  • shopping
  • high fliyers and council workers
  • ann summers
  • bonuses
  • sex
  • men
  • other women's men
  • other women's men's women
  • books
  • feuds
  • cash
  • sleepless nights
  • clubs
well you get the gist. I just have to re-arrange thoughts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home