Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Sunday, December 31, 2006

23 december - Gifts & gift ideas

Friend now works at Ann Summers. So here’s my tip for Xmas gifts and it won’t cost you anything. As I was enquiring about buying some new toys and was curious about “The Cone” (look it up on their website) but didn’t particularly fancy spending £50 to find out what it’s like, courtesy of the Ann Summers tester (oh yes, a real woman has this job), the verdict is that she tried it every which way and it failed to get her off. And if that’s her verdict, it means it’s still on the shelves because it’s a puzzling new item and you could be tempted, but trust me/her. So I put in an order for other stuff (wouldn’t you just like to know, but with 30% off staff discount I felt I could afford to experiment).
Toph is going to find most in his Xmas stocking. Though got many items already, but would like to keep some in their wrapping package intact for a change. It’s always a bit odd pulling out ‘old’ toys and we all know most boys are squeamish as to where they’ve already been. I always say that rubber is perfectly safe to wash in boiling water really so all scrupulously clean. But hey. Ok maybe not all boys are squeamish. The ones who visit certain parlours and ladies, cannot be so deluded as to think the vibrator is new, just for their delectation and so on.

As for other gifts, gosh, i think I've got it all! but if not, here's my top tips for gifts and making life easier at xmas:
- give charity. Really, it's easy, fuss free and nobody can complain or resent getting something that clearly is good for other disadvantaged people. Go Oxfam, go.
- I could also do the list of what I'd buy people if they didn't get offended... top of the list is teeth whitening for a good few friends... ok, ok, they would be offended. But why the resistance? Why do people hang on to their grey/green teeth? I'm not talking straightening crooked teeth. Takes time, is expensive, and alters your face and you're used to your face. But teeth whitening is safe, it's affordable and truly enhances those who need it. Beats me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home