Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

1 January - Engagements & Cherry red patent shoes

Leela got proposed to on NYE. How fab. In two weeks time I will be at her 50th birthday and eventually see the significant 3 diamonds ring. This news cheers me no end. Old love is possible and she’s bagging a younger man of good prospects and more and well above average income. And they only met about two years ago and it was through the contacts of a magazine or website. Truly they should feature in some advertising to stress how positive outcomes are not so rare. Though at the same time I have many 'unsorted' 30 something friends. I tell them they just have to wait, life unfolds when it unfolds, you can't hurry love and so on. They slap me.

Leela's butch daughter had been flirting with me at a pre xmas party and I enjoyed it and played up to it. Then I was introduced to her new girlfriend, the tiniest femme I’ve ever seen, she comes up to my chest and looks like a china doll with copious, bouffanty hair. She looks 12. Toph and Duke are fascinated. I better nip that in the bud and point out it’s ok for a 21 year old lesbian to fancy an 18 year old who looks 12 but not for men of the 40 year’s old section. So they look around and then become fascinated by miss Greek’s shoes. At least she looks 28. Hers are patent leather cherry red high heels. She says she made them herself and the fools believe her. Men! I should be more extravagant with facts or tell the outlandish truth only for them to think it fiction.
Duke is very taken. His girlfriend is in Brazil as a guest of some rich people who can only be older and sleazy on account of finding a way to get his young, stunning girlfriend away for two weeks to just do some work which is largely decorative. . Am not sure that’s the case (why pay for a sexy European to fly to Rio etc when you can pick up sexier local talent if that’s what you have in mind to do?) but this is what they think and it’s possible that they don’t trust that gorgeous girlfriend will not fall prey to the lusting lures of older, experienced men, so we allow Duke to flirt with Miss Greek and I even set up a lunch for when he’s back in town. Presumably when she goes to work, she has to forsake those shoes/accessories and if he sees her in a less alluring outfit, he’ll lose his fascination? I don’t have much allegiance to his girlfriend, but I do have some old fashioned solidarity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home