Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, February 16, 2007

11 February - Young & Fit ones

A happy morning at work spent putting names into google and then following the links. And discovering top new music. The other night a friend I hadn’t seen in ages, Jon, mentioned in amongst the torrent of information coming out of his mouth, this producer D. who is working with Bjork and Kasabian and a band he currently manages. I think there can’t be two D’s or if there are, one is the one I’m suddenly remembering and though I don’t recall the surname I eventually find his website. There’s some hypnotic bassy tunes I instantly fall in love with, a very respectable list of collaborations, the coincidence that I realise I know his manager via another friend and best of all there’s a picture. It’s him, the lovely young man that approx 8 years ago or more was the pro tools/programmer guy for a better established friend of mine. I remember the first time I saw him in the studio, being blown away by his dark haired beauty and perfection, but having to remind myself (with the help of producer’s wife who felt the same) that I shouldn’t swoon over a 20 something. My life is littered with lost opportunities for incredibly fulfilling, if not enriching liaisons with young fit men. Ok you may think this is self agrandissement but no, it is possible, it was possible, and most notably one of the few times I silenced the moral/guilt inducing voice of the angel on my shoulder that said ‘It will look tacky’, I had a glorious month with another very young D, Danie!. He did all the work pursuing and me being a 40 year old meant that his pursuing only lasted 24 hours, till I made my mind up to go for it. What a joy, the joy of discovering that a 24 year old is so unfussed by his performance that he can stop halfway through, roll over and start to chat for a while, have a drink with you, talk some more and reprise where he left. Several times over in fact. I’ve always maintained that the longer you keep the motion going, and if it’s skilfull, the better you orgasm. But most 40+ something lovers can’t keep that up. And they have to be reminded not to imbibe too much alchohol beforehand or else... they have to work twice as hard. Other elements heighten the experience of course, love for once, but if in doubt and it’s an O you’re chasing, go young.

Anyway… D sweetly replies to an email and gives me some catching up potted history which includes the information that he’s about to become a dad. Shame, now that he’s 30 I wouldn’t feel like a cradle snatcher. Daniel instead (yes the memory jog meant I dropped him a line) asks if I can find him a hotel for April when he’ll be in London with the girlfriend I haven't yet met. That will mean I’ll have to resist the impulse of ruffling his hair. It’s very bad form to do that in front of new partners. Or adjust collars, or hold hands. Oh stop it Lisa.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home