Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

21 March - Singing & Prancing Ho's

What not to do when you’re feeling bloated and therefore ugly and therefore useless. Do not look at myspace pages of various young singers and backing vocalists and models of various calibre who all seem to be 19 or 21 on their profiles. And especially if they’re cute and black and you happen to believe some of your best male friends and associates find them irresistible. Which they are. They all seem to display that kind of attitude/clothes that if displayed by a white girl makes her a total whore, whereas because it seems to go with the hip hop culture being a hoe there is somehow not so bad. Actually it’s ok on stage, but am sure Beyonce’ doesn’t actually walk the streets of North London looking like a street cocksucker. Never mind. Just pray my utterly charming 3 goddaughters who already display vocal talent and gymnastic talent, will pose in this fashion for their publicity/work soliciting pages.

So there they are, all these young chicks, some vocal talent and a lot more booty talent to display. And tits. Hardly ever see a tit zero size in black. Thing is, back when I was 22 maybe there were those who thought ‘I’ll just use my looks and see where that gets me.’ Models have always existed and the variation on what the term covers as well. But not in such abundance or so it seems with the advent of all these ‘click and you open up more options’ websites. Back then I had the idea and so had lots of other women I went to college with, that we should have something more tangible to use than just looks. And so we held back on anything that would have not meant we were not getting it because of some intrinsic value. Sure that still left plenty of opportunity for manipulation by older and wiser males, it’s kind of hard to be ahead of them. You think grandfather who’s interviewing you is displaying some grandfatherly mannerisms, when the old perv is just perving in fact, but that’s not too dangerous, just… unnecessary.

Now I think we were just idiots. We should have done what these girls are doing dancing by the pool in their skimpiest thongs whilst the ugly bloke in the song gives it all his best macho posturing – though I usually I can’t take macho posturing from guys who I know have sat patiently for hours whilst their womenfolk have corn-rowed their hair. You know… they’re a big girl prepared to suffer for vanity.
Yep, today’s post displays some bitterness over having aged wanting to be equal when in fact being just a bit of fluff works in exactly the same way. I mean these girls will never make it to secretary of state but then neither did I or any of my Phd carrying girlfriends. And of course I can’t sing. So darn, am annoyed about that too.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home