Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

13 March - TV watch & hardly ever

Don’t do TV in general, but sometimes you have to check it out. So I watch an episode of ‘Life on Mars’ mainly because Toph has never seen it (I caught one in the first series) and I feel he’s missing out on some good entertainment. My prediction is spot on, he likes it, though what makes him laugh the most is that John Simm chooses as a fake name for his undercover cop going to a was swapping party ‘Tony Blair’. His ‘wife’ is called ‘Cherie’ and his cop pal is ‘Gordon Brown’. My how we laugh.
Immediately after they’re showing the first episode of a new US series ‘Kidnapped’. As have ignored all the CSI’s , Greys Anatomy, Ugly Bettys and so on, again I feel we should watch this. Fortunately a handsome hunk appears from the beginning. I recognise the voice before the face. Never knew this actor’s name. We’re trying to place him. ‘Was he in 30 Something?’ says Toph. No he wasn’t I mean, he’d have had to be then the age this actor is now so clearly not. Was that 20 years ago? Or 18? Was it the same year/s as Twin Peaks? What a bonanza we had in the 80’s. How did I manage to see every single episode it seems and still go out as much as I did? Or maybe I think I saw them all but I didn’t. Like now, catching one is enough to know about a series and exchange a few words on it. Till you go on holiday in India or Brazil and realise every country has their indigenous TV stars that you’ll never know/care for and so why should we care for whoever is in the cast of ‘Lost’
I spend the time it takes to make a cup of coffee thinking about who he is (reading his name in the paper, Jeremy Sisto, does not enlighten me in the slightest’. Eventually the TV library in my head throws up the solution. He was the schizo brother in Six Feet Under, the brother to the Australian actress who was Nate’s g/friend in the show and he also tried to go out with the read-headed kiddie sister of Nate (can’t remember any other names real or characters of the cast and wasn’t that long ago but I need space in my head. Oh there’s another name, Nate is Peter Krause. There you go, am happy now. .Toph can’t quite see that this guy is that guy, but then I don’t think he was a fan. It’s a long first episode with plenty of criss crossing leads to further stories and other well known actor. That Timothy Hutton has aged badly, Linus Roache is not as fanciable as I normally find him. Toph likes it because you have to keep up with the plot. I think this is now just typical of some of these serials where you pat yourself on the back for being clever and remembering how it goes, till you give up like I did with ‘The West Wing’ –saving all of that together with the Charles Dickens to read when I’m really old. Eventually it ends. ‘I really liked that’ says the boyfriend. ‘Must have cost a heck of a lot more to film than Life on Mars’ says the accountant in moi. Clearly, I shan’t be waiting with bathed breath till next Tuesday. What’s wrong with me?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home