Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, March 09, 2007

8 March - Medicals & Nichols

Colleague goes to company medical. She comes back scratching her arms, the plasters applied after the blood samples were taken are itchy. I say I don’t like them either but I disliked more the patches/electrodes that they put on your chest as you take the biking machine and puff along to test your lungs/recovery capacity etc. She says they only do that test for older people.

There you go, my weekly reminder that ‘they’ around me are 15/20 years younger.
his weren’t enough to wound my pride, there’s a picture in today’s freebie paper of an ex assistant of mine/ours who is being written about in connection with having a handbag accessory removed by security before boarding a Eurostar because the hideously expensive accessory looks like a medieval mini weapon. Aside from registering that JJ looks pretty good and is lying about her age (she couldn’t have been 16 then so she can’t be 35 now) the offending words that nearly send me to take the rest of the day off are ‘Fashion Buyer at Harvey Nichols’. Yes, they have more than one but I think she’s the main one (had run into some bio detail of hers in previous years’.

What can I say? Well done and sorry I patronised you plenty in those days. But in those days truly you were not that smart. And I knew lots more. And I thought just caring for fashion was stoooopid and you were a rich daddy's girl. AN said too last time we met for a catch up and he was the company lawyer, he should know....Age improves plenty of areas. I guess I better stop there in case I ever want to be invited to some inner sanctum super 'practically given away for free' sale at your nice shop.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home