Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, May 31, 2007

30 May - Still Nothing, but Hay

Wonder if the sun is shining at the Hay Festival this week. So glad I wasn't going when it started last w/end and the weather was so against it. But even if the sun is shining, the grounds will be soaked and ugly instead of pretty and uhm, well, just looking at the programme this year made me queasy. There's so much on, I would suffer from the stress of choosing the right event to go to and without trusty old P. who gets me backstage without a hitch, then why go as a regular punter. Somehow can't see it. It was just the ticket to be sat across Jane Fonda on a low sofa and able to gaze into her face and checking her clothes very carefully. She knows what colours to wear. These people are always much more minute than you think. Tiny in fact. I didn't say anything as I was only thinking of work outs I did when she made them famous er.. 30 years ago, don't think she needed the reminder. Or go to a party with... oh I must stop name dropping, who cares about Zadie Smith or Louis de Bernieres. They're just people.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home