Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

18 May - Opera sluts & Gay abandon

I meet a friend at lunchtime. A few weeks ago he’d introduced me to a new friend of his, a continental opera singer who’s moved to London so as to travel with more ease between the cities that book her. It was at dinner and she was very open about what hotbed of activities of the sexual kind the world of classical and opera and orchestras is. Everyone it seems is busy shagging everyone else and they all find it hard to form long lasting relationships given the moving around the profession requires. A friend butts in to say his conductor neighbour married one of his violinists but that was after much experimenting with other cellists and pianists and so on.
I ask after her and my friend says she’s a total slut. Then corrects himself and says 'she’s like a gay man'. And he speaks as one who's just told me he's having so much sex and upon asking how does he meet the guys looks at me like am asking obvious stupid questions, they're just everywhere aren' t they? So that’s ok then. Toph at the dinner had said he didn’t find opera gilr attractive, something about her ample size more than anything and sopranos are not often tiny are they? But… nevertheless his eyes followed her around the room on a few occasions and as they were sat opposite each other god knows if their knees collided and so on. Which is why I have not copied him on her address yet despite the fact she and I are neighbours and there's much talk of dinner soon. But that’s not really enough to stop anything as I well know. I just have to hope the orchestra members are plenty enough for her… But where is Toph? Let’s call him now! Doing a spot of gardening he says...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger Maxim said…

    What a shame, a year ago you could just have introduced me to Opera Girl and I would have distracted her for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home