Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, June 15, 2007

11 June - Cancer & Lines

Darn, it’s started. A close relative is having surgery soon to find out if there’s cancer cells lurking in his prostate.
Ok it’s my father and this is a return to a problem we thought had been vanquished so it’s not that hopeful that he should be summoned to surgery. Still we hope. And I won’t go into it too much, as this blog doesn’t refer often to relatives, it’s about me aging and wondering if it will all end as per all ie in piss and tears, but yes, I must be an awful person, because the following selfish thought occurred - in case things spell his life is on a course to sure death, which it is naturally, but I’m hoping he’s around for a good ten to fifteen years longer. Anyway, that awful thought is (are you ready? I never said you had to like me) …'Hope this doesn’t add lines to my face!’ (as in, you know, pain, grief, contrition).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home