Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, August 10, 2007

10 August - Prince & his Paupers

I’m going to see Prince tomorrow. The BF doesn’t have a ticket as am taking my original Prince fan no. 1 friend, the fabulous ‘My hair colour shall never be the same 3 months running’ R. We stood on our seats at Wembley so many years ago that we don't remember when. We were 6 or 7 rows from the front and we loved it, would have given right arm to be Wendy and Lisa or Sheila E. I have a memory of then seeing him doing an after-show at the Camden Palace but I think this is a false memory. Like I think I saw him at the Lyceum but that can't be right as didn't live in London then, and yet, and yet... why do I think I was there???

Anyway, I have tried to get the BF a ticket on Ebay but couldn’t really bid higher than face price as had little money in Paypal and despite topping it up, the funds won’t get there till next week, so too late. Sorry if this is very boring. The BF says he doesn’t mind too much as he’s also seen Prince many years ago and it was so good then and can’t believe it can be that good now despite the reviews. We think there’ some kind of collective marketing hysteria that goes on and spreads as this is the gig everyone and their dog is going to see him. I wonder who’s behind the plan. I mean, 3 years ago you’d have had empty seats at the Apollo if he did more than 2 nights, so is this just the power of the Daily Mail? I should be told. This tour should be used in marketing and advertising masterclasses surely…

Never met the guy, surely it's also time. How can I engineer getting into his entourage? I bet he still uses BC and Jason I. as part of his publicity machine. They're no friends of mine but a little slutting for Prince would be ok with my conscience.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do u work for mj by any chance

     
  • At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    do u work for mj by any chance

     
  • At 2:55 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    Who's MJ? Michael Jackson? Give me more clues. No, never worked for a management company, they don't pay enough for the enormous privilege of calling you at all hours of day and night to ask you to attend to any stupid whim of their artists.

    oh, I lie, selective memory at work! I did work for one many years ago. Owner was major drug fiend. Would call me at 2am (or any time when I was in deepest slumber) to dictate faxes and letters I should then send when awake and in an office. Clearly if he waited till 9am he'd have forgotten what he wanted to say. If I unplugged the phone, I would then find dozens of messagesof increasing hysteria. It was torture, but you do these things when you fear losing a job. And that is only when you're twenty something. I think back now and can't believe I put up with it. He died a couple of years back of a 'heart attack'. mmmhhh. years of coke and heroin more like it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home