Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, August 10, 2007

9 August - Bridges & Jogs

Today feel like Madonna or just feel like am having a Madonna day. No, I did not wake up to check whether little David Banda had done his 2 hours of baby yoga and eaten his special rice milk but… because I went for a jog at 7.30 with colleague. Don’t ask, am just chuffed that a three time marathon runner and endurance runner of 60km etc finds me not totally worthless of jogging alongside her. Then had a Powerplate session at lunchtime and then went to beauty place where I had 20 mins of those weird metal pads connected to a machine that sends electrical current to the pads and makes your muscles spasm as if they were exercising. Oh and I rode my bike there. That must make it half of Madonna’s daily hours dedicated to fitness, but the day is not over and I could go to a club and dance if I wanted to. I certainly don’t feel tired. Now, back to planning my next 3 world tours before I keel over at 55. It has to be said that exercise begets exercise. When we turned the corner right on Embankment at Blackfriars Bridge and I saw Waterloo Bridge and the Hungerford pedestrian bridge, for the first time possibly ever I thought ‘Oh, it’s just over there’ (we were looping back to Southwark bridge) instead of ‘SHIT, I hate all this!!! Why am I doing it?’ Quite a nice feeling to have and am aready planning how to go faster. Buy a decent pair of running shoes for a start.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home