Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, December 31, 2007

31 December - Indoors

And so it is that we're staying in, and so are all our friends and it kind of feels like the end of the road. Just a few years away from what my parents are doing (dining at friends house, a dozen people or so, they probably play bingo waiting for midnight or sing or... I don't know...)

We're so tired we don't even want to open champagne... Just some wine. We watch The Fog of War, an old award winning docu on Robert Macnamara and the Vietnam war. Toph is doing is research. I'm vietnamed out as I am long term 'fan' of the war but he's got half a dozen book on it I never read so... He falls asleep half way through. I wake him up. Docu is over and well, Jools Holland is on TV. I think life has gone the wrong way if this is what I'm doing... watching him count down the fake midnight (he only trips up once on 'this year/next year'. And there's Kylie looking very fat in her marylin dress. So for a while I just consider that, cancer is no good if you remit. (ok, ok... joke). And then we have a lovely session on the floor and all is good again. Only way to see out a year and start a new one is to ... come alive. Ahem.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home