Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, March 31, 2008

30 March - Moon & Pigs

Has anybody seen those Moonpigs ads for the website that allows you to make customised cards? They're even on youtube and have inspired their own parodies. Must admit I ordered a Moonpig card for Valentine as a friend recommended the site.
Well, I met the man who makes the ads! Apparently that one was so successful that the client now has doubled the budget for the next one. My friend is very happy. And delighted I used the site. Told me about the composer who did the music who apparently has the easiest job as making the music for ads is less fraught than the visuals of course. Another friend was at dinner with us, son of a friend and he works in advertising, early days as fresh out of PhD. So lovely. Writes and ad world blog and is in awe of much more successful ad world blogger called Scamp or Stump or something. Was nice to talk about a world I have nothing to do with for a change. But I have looked up this Scamp blog and was astounded that everyone thinks (and hands prizes to) that the guy who did the Cadbury Gorilla Ad. Ok it was fun (I saw it on youtube, never on TV) but you know, it's a gag? What's so great about that.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home