Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, May 16, 2008

10 May - Hands & Feet

This age thinking is a downward spiral. It just occurred to me that I should also aim to deal with the bunions sooner rather than later. As that surgery requires a longer off work period and apparently is a lot more painful to deal with. I was surprised when mentioning this that a few younger friends have already had this surgery at times when I perhaps didn't know them or was in constant contact. And my mother of course, there goes the hereditary cross again.

I don't really get this doing things in stages thing though... I think both hands and feet at same time would have narrowed the time during which I'll be mighty pissed off at the world due to pain/frustration/general ugliness. And I'd also have less time to chicken out. E. had her right foot operation back in Nov. and it's still not right and so, understandably, she's scared stiff of having to repeat this annus horribilis again for the left foot. Walking with a crutch was the least of her problems, it's just the pain and the fact that doctors will admit only months later that something didn't go quite right as was her case.

I'm not worried about slicing a bit of my hand/s to widen a little tunnell through which my nerves pass, but am totally worried about the surgeon having a bad day and accidentally slicing through said nerves thus making me pretty much disabled and guys, what would I do if I can't type these regular musings? Am not considering dictating them to anyone else.

Ps. such a shame am not having hand surgery in winter... Would hae worn fetching gloves over bandages...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home