Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, May 16, 2008

15 May - I.O.

Not Incredibly Odd, but Information Omnivore. Was helping out Betty with BA homework for her business college and it's clear that I'm an ‘information omnivore’
She's doing some marketing project using British Airways as 'the company' and I'm straight in there with all sorts of things I've read not just about the fiasco at T5.
This is because I waste lots of time reading everything I pick up instead of 'War & Peace' as thoughtfully bougth by Toph for me at Xmas (and am not saying of which year). B.'s project is a little challenging though, because I have the info but have no recent experience of fashioning this into an essay. Not that I have to, she's got to, but it's due tomrrow and she's nowhere with it so am suffering what must be common for middle class parents the world over and I want her to succeed, get a distinction if possible and so go into overdrive (we're meant to have a social evening, not a business mentor/mentee one) and it surprises me how much I want to be superwoman in her eyes.

I tell her to call me the following day in her break and I'll dictate after having done a bit more research and coopted the boyfriend into answering the strategy questions. It will do him good to.


One area where I can be superwoman quite easily for her is that she’s a Chelsea fan and it so happens I have a friend in Moscow for the Championship League match final, so I ask if she can get an autograph from Michael Essien (B.'s fave player as he comes from her same country) or failing that...Drogba who's from nearby Cameroon. Even Toph says 'How do you know about Drogba? (Toph is a football agnostic and doesn't follow it at all), and I reply ‘Well I just do’ - because I am an I.O. - see above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home