Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, May 16, 2008

16 May - Leaks & Lessons

None of my sunglasses is clear of scratches. And I have to have them. My eyes are light sensitive and I wouldn't last five minutes in the desert withouth them. This means for example I'm always having to remember to take off sunglasses in photos. But I then get immortalised squinting which is no good either. Toph has 3 pairs exactly the same so year on year off he always looks like he’s on the same holiday. He has other sunglasses but never uses them and they're left for me to expand my collection.

The reason why they're scratched is that they're never put away in a bag or elsewhere inside the rightful case that they were sold in. No, they're always lose. I sort of don't mind, I wish they were more scratched so I'd move on to some new model instead of sticking to my favourites. Though it's also upsetting that you can't see out of your favourite vintage diors for some blotch on the lens. But it doesn't stop there.

I was writing something in a restaurant to help a friend with a project. When we were leaving I couldn't find the top to my biro, so I wrapped the tip in some tissue paper. God knows why I didn't just chuck it away there and then. Somewhere at the back of my mind I knew it would leak. So no suprises there, when will I learn and all that. The stupid worthless pen ruined a precious and much loved fine wool John Smedley beany hat. Yes I keep that in the bag as if it’s cold of a morning or at night, it will make me feel better as I strongly recommend always having your extremities warm and you're fine. Plus with its bright, summery colours I just loved finding it and adrmiring it. This is no longer possible as it's covered in ink.

I doubt this will make any change whatsoever to the way I fundamentally am. Not anal enough to care for my belongings.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home