Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, July 14, 2008

14 July - Bastille Day ... somewhere else

This is a great week. Am going to go to bed early-sh tonight with a book because I was out late for dinner last night with some friends in town from Rome and I have too much ahead. Plus the BF who’s off till Saturday clearly wanted to mark his territory and gave me the best wake up call, though it's still me who gets up first to make a cup of tea. Either that or he heard me last week when I said apropos nothing ‘If it gets to below twice in a week, it’s danger territory, I will not have it, I want more.'

So, how exciting (already top) trannie Johnny Woo tomorrow, followed possibly by a visit to Parkin' Lot across the ages club, The Zutons at Somerset house on Wednesday where I’ll see after about 8 years an old work colleague who could always make me laugh despite being a German, then Coco Sumner (have to see the hype for myself) and Mighty Boosh on Thursday, some party/launch on Friday with favourite ex now residing in Ireland, and Latitude festival on Saturday where I might bump into favourite lover of the previous decade who happens to live in Suffolk. And a swift return on Sunday to join L’s b’day in Hyde Park. A Lisa week as my friends would say. Oh no no, that would be if I had 2 events per night minimum. I wonder what it must be like to be Paris Hilton. She tells us she gets paid for turning up which I don't.

All this and the BF is abroad, probably feeling similarly young free and single, only he has to work and I don’t. Summer’s here.. maybe? Finally?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home