Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, July 14, 2008

6 July - Nassau & Home alone

S. rings from Nassau where he spends considerable time getting a new business off the ground.

He tells me he's house-sitting for his business partner and that he has a huge, fabulous villa at his disposal but he's alone in it (and noticing the time difference I realise he's rung me when just awake and possibly with a boner, in fact am certain of it). I ask him to send photos and he does, they're breathtaking. I write him, can't you get a local lass? He says he can't really do it anymore with the locals (has, previously) because it's like a small village out there and everyone knows everyone and he' s probably tainted already and he's meant to be above these sort of things. I tell him there must be plenty of passing tourists for him to prey on and he replies they're mostly american and are stupid (apologies to american readers, his words not mine) and he doesn't want to go there. Am sure he's generalising but still, even a passing tourist could become troublesome. What a predicament to be in. Wish I had not a care in the world and I'd just go join him. There are so many rooms and surfaces to cover... judging by the photos. So I tease him and tell him I could bring a couple of girlfriends. Am being cruel. Ha ha! And then I sign off.

I write to S. and forward the photos and tell her. She replies: I love it that he can make you feel like a schoolgirl. We love men like that, don't we? I remember both this vacation and last one, being in my room and being on the phone to Mr Alameda and giggling and shortly afterwards going into the living room and my mom saying both times - 'gee I wish I had a friend like that, someone who could make me laugh and giggle like that'. Alameda is that for me. I become a 16 year old girl with a crush.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home