Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

19 July - City Boy & Jimi Hendrix

So one night you go see young and hip artists and their hanger-ons (god, I’m a sort of Sadie Frost ...minus the kids, the famous ex husbands, the money, the fashion business, the house on the Hill, the young MTV/TV/musicians lovers… but we’re the same height I think) and the next you go see…. my first tribute band! Are You Experienced - who play Jimi Hendrix tunes.
Guess which one I enjoyed the most? Well the one that allowed me to play air guitar, shake my mane and generally kiss a few friends in town from their country pile. Shame I had to leave… am told that reprobates N. and S. spend the rest of the night out. But then they’re a couple of pirates and at the last look they didn’t have a job to go to in the morning.

Earlier had gone to Babs' garden thing in aid of something I didn’t quite understand, and met City Boy (Geraint Anderson) and his new g/friend (Noelle?). He’ s very into her, met at some festival off his head. He’s sooooo GAY! So elfin and un macho looking, he wears beads round his neck. What a disguise! Not decided what I think of him yet. No desire to read his book. I think it’s got to be 20% real and the rest the usual common city myths of drugs and share dealing and Jacuzzis with prozzies etc. I can’t possibly learn something I don’t already know though may be wittily written and fun, but in that case I should get on with Seb Horsley’s bio which is a witty line a paragraph. Forgot to say that had gone to his paperback launch and this was very entertaining indeed, he belongs to the stage. Though he was upstaged as the event was graced by the presence of mighty handsome Gavin Rossdale who seemed to know Seb’s girlfriend. This being before the weekend where he was getting apoplectic watching Federer loose at Wimbledon. Bless, Sebastian is very open about how much he wishes he’d been a rock god but it was not to be. Gavin instead must have fallen into it. Remember when nobody here bothered with Bush and the buggers went stateside and started shifting tons of records? We were stunned.

Anyway, where was I? Don’t begrudge City Boy cashing in from his silly column, but… when he described his forthcoming ‘charideee’ single I had to barf. Also met the docu director of Battyman (great premise, one day West Indians may grow out of gay bashing though I don't hold much hope) and a forthcoming docu on Hutch Hutchinson (lover or Edwina Mountbatten AND Cole Porter, wonder what common ground he found in them). Interesting. My very own docu director friend who had invited me, had to retire early as tired from filming but told me in the taxi that he had been wearing his whitest, bestest boxer shorts as was subconsciously hoping I’d take them off him. That was a good previous life…. He did dare me to feel his hard on on exiting the cab. And did I?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home