Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, August 15, 2008

14 August - Am winning

There will be other stuff I'll fill this blog in restrospectively for the week just going... gone, but as it's lately (or always) concerned with ageing, or mine specifically, let me just record here that for now I'm winning.
You may rememeber that various friends/colleagues advised that if I just went with the flow I'd have an easier time sailing into middle earth... sorry middle age. But that is not my style, so I embarked on a bit of a war, which clearly will be eventually lost, but it's with some pleasure that I wish to record that small battles are being won. I have got the mini spare tyre under control. How? Well, by not indulging primarily. I eat normally and the odd packet of crisps and the odd chocolate or canape' passes my lips, but not the slice of cake or the half bottle of rose'. As for exercise I have not stepped it up, it's still the 3 times a week on average. Have not yet added any drugs or other potions as am waiting for the science first, ie. appointment and tests to measure up where I am on this progression.

According to a friend I'll be told that until menstruation stops completely, there is nothing they can/will do. This may be fine for me. It's not for her as she has disrupted sleep, tinnitus, sweats etc and she's the size of a 6 months' pregnannt woman but still fully regular with her monthly blood and so... go home and just sit it out is what they recommend. She's however a different person to me. She's had her tubes tied a few years ago as she was mega fertile and didn't want any more children, and she's convinced they sort of tied them up and kept them in a perpetual state of pregnancy. Her body is swollen with oestrogen. So she wants them untied but that means going private and £1.5k at least. Life is hard.

However - and are you bored yet? - one thing that makes a major difference to me at least is that the abundance of sex means that you're never feeling bad for that long. As we know, looking at oneself in the mirror post coitus always makes you be more appreciative, you know, you go 'Not bad!' as you twist and twirl around. Men do the same I think, you know shake their penis about and pull popeye muscle poses etc. So, so long as that doesn't dry up the waist doesn't look too bad. Though am not giving up the side bends and hoola hoop type twists, and the side crunches and so on.

But just thought I'd let you know. Grab nearest available shag if regular partner not in situ and 'exercise'.

And yes, am a little smug. Do forgive me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home