Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, September 26, 2008

26 September - Young & Creatives

So we went to a creative business show.... me and my friend whose son organised said show for the second year running, he's only 25...She's very proud of him. The room is full of people but we can't spot anyone as old as us. Or we do, eventually, a couple of blokes with grey hair but they have no desire to talk to us preferring to lord it over the young ones who think we must all be advertising execs who can give them a much sought after job. Unfortunately am in no mood to lie so when they address me as I turn over the pages of their porfolios, I come clean and say I'm here purely as a ligger.

It's a strange trip down some weird memory lane. I must have been one of those people, say, when I went to the exhibition for the first five years of The Face and I was briefly dating the creative director. Now, not only we don't know any of the copywriters/AD's, that's fine, they've just finished college, am ok with that, but when we pause to look at the poster listing the names of this year's judges... we don't know a single one and that's like suddenly realising you've gone blind.

We saunter across the road for a posh fish and chips and find ourselves exiting the venue at the same time as David Baddiel who must have been upstairs in the club. I'm not especially proud of recognising him but ten years ago or so I must have watched him on TV or I wouldn't know who it was. I've recently thrown out some VHS that had recordings of the first show that Jonathan Ross ever hosted... back in the infant days of CH4 was it?

I could have stayed longer and gone to hang with other grown ups in the club but find myself in a taxi with my friend going home at 10pm. On a Thursday. That was major staying out night...
The fact that the financial world is collapsing seems to trouble me less than the above...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home