Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

6 September - Art & stalking

ok, am now filling these in retrospectively in October as had too many September tbc's and I hate being so slack/forgetful.
I went to an art launch for a colleague who had taken a sabbatical of six months to finallyget an exhibition in place. I didn't know what to expect and was very happy to find it of a great standard. I may not know much but I had no problem reading the blah blah stuff and understanding her journey into the finished product, unlike some other people. I guess I'd have enjoyed it even more if I truly appreciated that the journey is as important as the final product. I liked it but there was a certain reliance on rorschach test type images that ultimately would not hold my gaze for long and I'd find them trite. I liked some sculptures but at 5k each they were not that appealing after all.
I was about to leave after two beers when on the stairs I went past the BF's ex who doesn't know what I look like. From then on another entertaining half hour was spent stalking her to my hearts' content. She works in the arts too so there was a logic to her being at the launch. Funny how she's exactly shabby as her photos I'd previously seen. I mean, it never fails to bother me why people who earn more cash than I do can be so reluctanct to spend it on a good coat or a good pair of boots or... their hair. Nobody age 35 should go around with hair in bunches, it's just unbecoming. Anyway, I ended up taking a short vido on my phone (as you do and because this way I can stare at her any time I want) and phoning the BF to say 'your ex looks like a camel, how could you?' He said 'She scrubbed up well, sometime'. Bless, how sweet. But yes, if you're nearly 6ft tall and you don't have the face of a model, it's not easy to dress. I nearly tapped her on the shoulder to say the slightly 70's gym shoulder bag had to go. I did tell the BF she was with a short ugly g/friend which seemed to make him happy. I mean, she was not there with some hunky artist or patron of the arts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home