Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, August 29, 2008

27 August - Concealer

Concealer is my new best friend. I mean, I’ve had the same little pot of Laura Mercier’s for the past 5 years and it’s still full but from now on it will be much more useful to me. Not only do I see deep vertical lines on the side of my mouth, which are not going to be helped by concealer, they more like need restylane but we shall see, but no, I now have age/liver spots. 4 to be precise. . Most people have them on their hands. I have one that’s been growing on my cheek. Such is luck. It is now the size of a pea. And the other 3 are under by eyes and two seem to want to join up. This of course means that it looks like I have dark circles under my eyes, which of course I do. So out comes the concealer. Especially as if I forget to cover the main tache, that’s all that’s looking back at me from holiday photos. Hate it. However, it gets brushed off easily as I must touch my face plenty of times and so… Let’s just say that those potions that promise to fade them, just don’t work. Must ask Michael Jackson for his brand of discolouring cream. I bet it’s not sold in regular salons or chemists.

My doctor is seeing me frequently these days. Always with stuff that’s small - I had a tiny tag removed from inside my lower lip recently for example - and am sure he/she probably just wants to say ‘learn to live with it, there’s much worse to come’. He/She probably thinks that if I’m to take every single thing that’s sure to happen to heart.. I’d be taking up a lot of their time. But I’m a private patient so they have to just deal with it. I must be the only person on the planet that ask rhethorical questions such as ‘but there must be something one can take to stop/delay a decline in eyesight, loss of collagen, loss of cartilage, loss of bone mass’ and so on. But… there MUST BE! And why are people spending time curing cancer, going to the moon and not fixing what I care about?????

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home