Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, August 29, 2008

25 August - Tube & Toph

For once I get on the tube in the morning with Toph who’s heading to a godforsaken place for a few days. It’s in the UK and it’s on the coast but it’s dire. The kind of place that scored #2 on the Obesity guide/scale of the UK. Somewhere in Scotland was #1 And a friend of mine who went to the Shetlands for a holiday was surprise-snogged by a bloke 20 years younger than her 56 because she thinks that at size 16 and with nicely coloured hair she looked a damn sight better than the size 20 rough locals. But I digress, fat doesn’t equal rough but in some places it does, maybe the sugar and fat in food alters your mood and makes you … rough. I digress.

We get onto a packed morning train. He refuses to take it off his travel bag and put it on the floor. It’s bulky as he’s going to catch a train and has clothes, books, shoes etc. in it and he also has another shoulder bag with paperwork and the like.

He says he’s balanced that way. I say maybe so but you’re obstructing other standing people. He still refuses to take it off saying it’s only a few stops. God, this is awful, he’s now one of the people I absolutely hate on the tube on a daily bases, as the bag once placed on the floor allows for more movement/space in a crowded carriage and the jerks who just stand there with bags hoisted on shoulders or backpacks are just jerks. I always aim to make my body as thin as possible to allow more room. We’re all trying to get somewhere I nudge one more time but he sticks to his stance and it’s not worth parting on frosty terms because of this. But what are you supposed to do when you realise that (just for this instance I hope) your man is one of the ones you hate with a vengeance when travelling to work???????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home