Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, October 10, 2008

10 October - Balconies 'r Us

What better to look forward to on a friday afternoon than an evening at a play we've never seen, with Kenneth Branagh in the lead and good reviews garnered? And all for the princely sum of £12 each. With drinks at the Groucho afterwards courtesy of lovely AP. Someone asked me earlier what the tix where for (on my desk) so I said Ivanov. He looked puzzled so I said an early Chekhov play that's not much performed. He didn't get the Chekov bit. This person earns 3 to 4 times as much as I do. Not sure what he likes but somedays you can't help but passing for some snooty cow.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Cormac Mac Art said…

    Forgive my ignorance, but what was the play? I admire him, though I have yet to see him in person.

     
  • At 5:06 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    Ivanov. The usual mix of chekhov with characters being extremely bored of their life in some huge country estate far away from the fun and games of moscow. there's also always someone on the brink of bankruptcy (hence suicide is an option) and old people in love with young ones and vice versa but never ends well. Still very topical stuff of course. Good old doctor C.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home