Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, October 03, 2008

2 October - Shock Horror Clothes from Sainsburys

So I found myself with the clothes from the day (which I didn't want to wear the following day) and/or the scruffy stuff you wear to paint/clean/re-decorate. It was 8pm and in a part of London that's not that stylish. What to do? Whilst I was thinking about it I went into a big Sainsbury to get some groceries and lo and behold, they do clothes. They're as cheap as Primark only very boring, sort of M&S basics. And so it is that I broke the 1 month of not buying anything for mysel with a £7.50 pair of trousers (down from £10) in a dark grey/blue that I've actually never owned anything in but seems a nice colour and a matching light grey/pale blue cardie that from a distance could pass for cashmere but at the touch feels bizarre. That was £9. Some knickers for £1.50 and voila', ready for work the next day.

I realise that £20 may still be a big budget. Would have done marvellously on it down some flea market/second hand stall but necessity called.

This may still be a very boring post but it's not as boring as it could be if I started writing about my re-decorating all consuming weeks. I wonder if one has a mansion if it all gets multiplied for months on end. In fact I know it does. My lovely headgirl friend who married in early May is still not finished at her large but not so huge abode in Essex. And she's angry... with workmen. She tells me she's had to do some finishing jobs afther they er... finished. Welcome to my world. Maybe not all people would notice the small splashes of paint on windows but I do and they have to come off or else. And who's available to do it when I want them done? Only me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home