Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

15 October - Mexican Radio

"I wish I was in Tijuana, eating barbecued Iguana, I'd take requests on the telephone, I'm on a wavelength far from home... I'm on Mexican radio".
good old stan ridgway. From time to time that song comes into my head and I remember those days.

Ok, it's not that imaginative and I have been there before which sort of contradicts one of my rules about not really going to the same place twice unless you really really really love it but the thing is. I have to go, for personal reasons. So when the credit goes crunch the soon to be crunched book holidays. And I'm still not in debt so come Christmas it's truly hasta la vista and off I head to playa del carmen and/or tulum for a bit of ceviche, some yoga on the beach, and mexican waves. Oh and an outdoor shower, we like those a lot Toph & I.

I'm telling you all this now because unless you want to profit from the krona going down and wish to be cold in Iceland (friend just booked w/end in the capital in staying in expensive hotel now down to £80 a night) you must be thinking that you can't last here beyond the actual boring day which is fun only for the kids if you have them. On my return I'll stop in NY so now's the time to book that lipodissolve and other stuff I forgot to book in Krakow. I wonder if they'll do me a deal. I like this crunch time thing, it brings it all down to being in a market in Africa. How much? What? I'm not paying for that! I shall look out for empty hairdressers and walk in and offer £40 for doing my highlighs or... nothing. There has to be a silver lining of some sort.

A friend rang to ask me to check some websites for jobs in the WE/banking/equities. I said I thought you were fine where you are. She replied that some of these people offer benefits like free lunches and that's got to be worth £2k a year. This lady and I almost share a birthday. And she wouldn't have laughed at the money lender character in Ivanov who snuffs out the candles the moment the guests go outside in the garden 'because why let them burn if there's noone here'. I don't find that odd at all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home