Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, November 13, 2008

11 November - Once a teen

So, am out with 3 friends visiting.. 2 from Mexico, 1 from Rome. The link is that the one from Rome was the boyfriend for 7 years of one of the two from Mexico who have now been a couple for 8 years.

We're having a quick dinner after I pick them up at the theatre where they've just seen Hairspray. Liked it but ... too long. Amongst other things I start to mention is the existensialist crisis of the twelve year old whose life will forever be changed by reading Twilight (maybe in a couple of years she can start on the Anne Rice Lestat ones). I have just got past the line 'story of this girl Bella who falls in love with a vampyre' and M. (age 49!) shots back 'Twilight'.

I'm flabbergasted. I thought I could claim some sort of prize for knowing about teenage obsessions when not currently the mother of one. But no, 49 year old gay friend also childess and male to boot, knows all about it. In fact he saw the movie at a recent film festival in Rome.
There you go. We're cutting edge. Always thought so in my own limitless universe of media information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home